Friday, January 15, 2010

D 33 - Linda Mae Diny - Baptist Fan Blade quilt

I decided that it needed Baptist fan quilting, but I wanted to follow the "rounds" of the quilt. Using the basic Circle Lord with the large Squircle, I started the quilting with concentric circles in the very center of the quilt. A cross of concentric half circles in the center of the quilt was stitched using the Baptist Fan Blade. Concentric quarter circles fill in each of the corners of the quilt, also stitched using the Baptist Fan Blade.
I started the quilting at the very center of the quilt and worked my way to the bottom of the quilt. Once I finished this half, I turned the quilt and once again starting at the center, I worked my way to the other edge of the quilt. The quilting worked with no problems or puckering. The quilting really enhanced thedesign with the quarter circles perfectly rounding each corner of the piecing.
Click on to enlarge